Saturday, July 08, 2006

Life after Sidney Bristow

We've been watching DVD's of Alias that we borrowed from the Cady's. This is probably the first series that I've seen every episode from start to finish. There's nothing better to do on a day off than spend hours watching Sidney, Jack, and the gang kick criminal mastermind butt over and over.

Watching too much Alias does mess with my sense of reality. It makes me say things to Victoria like "I wonder if they could invent a kevlar skin cream--that way they would be protected all over and not have to wear that hot vest," or "Hey, if we got some really slick shoes, we could just slide/surf down the bannisters of the escalator--it would make things much faster." I disagree with other spy movies because I have a thorough knowledge of the inner workings of the CIA, through Alias. I think up elaborate schemes of escaping our apartment (in case of invasion) using the scaffolding in our courtyard, to go up to the roof and then rapel down the outside, slipping away in an incredibly cool wig (and while we're at it, Sidney's incredibly cool fitness) and with whatever incredibly gorgeous guy she's with. I am Sidney Bristow.

We finished seaon 5 on Thursday, which is the last season. Maybe it's a good thing for me, so my brain can get back to reality, but I'm sad to see it go. Things ended as I had hoped (I'm not giving anything away for those of you who are still waiting), but the sad part is that they ended.

Maybe I'll start borrowing DVD's of Lost.

1 Comments:

Blogger CageyBee said...

Alias is my all-time favorite tv show and I'm sad that it's over as well. J.J. Abrams is a master storyteller who makes a 40 minute t.v. episode feel like a blockbuster movie. He writes great characters and Sidney Bristow is one of the best. Lost is great too because again, he knows how to write characters and great plot arcs. I still miss Sidney, but Jack, Kate, Locke, and Sawyer are good t.v. too. :)

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home