Thursday, April 27, 2006

A New Face

I don't wear my glasses all the time. I wear contacts alot, at least half of the time. Recently, I've had to wear contacts constantly because the nosepiece fell off my glasses. They were only 5 years old! Things just don't last.

Neither do styles. My old glasses didn't suit my personality, I don't think, and they were gold, which I never wear, and they were big and round. If you have glasses, they are a part of the face that people see when they look at you. So, in a sense, new glasses means a new face.

So I broke down and got a new, funkier face. Here it is:



I call them my "Hollywood glasses." Still pretty conservative, I know, but a long way from the old ones!

These actually were my second favorite. My favorites were similar in shape, but a little more dramatic looking. But, you know what? I'm not into paying 100 euro more just so the side says Gucci and has a little diamond. So I settled for my second best.

It's probably best that I didn't get the Gucci glasses anyway. I would have been so incredibly attractive that guys would have hurt themselves when they threw themselves to the pavement at my feet. So really, I passed up the Guccis for humanitarian concerns.

With these toned down Hollywood glasses, the guys will only have to kneel.

Bring it on.

Seriously, what do you think?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like them, very hollywood :)

thanks for looking out for the follows!

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

neo techno-nerd. umhmmm.
Really they look fine. I thought your old ones were fine, too. Your face is what people see. Scary thought for me.

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa, you have lost weight! You look great!

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. You're such a humanitarian, thinking of the guys first. You're my hero. ;)

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like your new face! Great choice! Love you! Auntie Carolyn

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home