Sunday, July 23, 2006

Agnus Dei

Ok, so my sleep schedule's all out of whack, I've had way too much caffeine, and I'm waiting for Amy, who is stuck on a bus in a traffic jam, to get home. Hence the 2 am post.

As you remember from the last song I posted, I'm currently working on a project to write a worship mass--here's another installment.

The last movement of the ordinary of the mass is the Agnus Dei. The words are very simple in Latin:
Agnus Dei
Quitolis peccata mundi
Miserere nobis
Dona nobis pacem

In Englsih:
Lamb of God
who takes away the sin of the world
have mercy on us
give us peace.

Simple and wonderful. I started working on this song a few hours ago, right after reading more news on BBC about Israel and Lebanon. The world is sometimes a screwed up place. How fitting that the only words I could think of when I sat down to play were these.



Sorry about the ambient noise. Loud neighborhood. Both the voices are me, in case you didn't notice. Garage band rocks. I tried to keep it thematically similar to the last song I did, since that one was toward the beginning of the mass and this will be at the end. That way it fits together. Yeah, I'm a nerd.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful, kk. I love you.

12:58 AM  
Blogger Victoria said...

that was GREAT. im a superfan and cant wait to sing it in superchurch.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Monaca said...

can i be the first to have your autograph so when you become famous i can say "i know her and i got the first autograph!"

2:14 PM  
Blogger kelly_w said...

not going to get famous, but i'll write my name out for you anyway. :)

victoria, will you be wearing my superman sweatshirt when you sing it?

mama, thanks. i love you too.

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Thankyou! Love, Aunt Carolyn

11:21 PM  
Blogger Monaca said...

just wanted to let you know that you've inspired me. I used to write music and I have kind of given up in the last year but now I think I am going to start again... Thanks.

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

K- It was beautiful...I want to be a real dork and ask, "how'd she do that?!?" but I won't...I'll just listen and know that God is so cool. love you-H

7:08 PM  
Blogger kelly_w said...

heather, you're not going to like my answer....i have a mac :). Garage band lets you record separate tracks and put them together, so you're able to do an instrumental track and then add vocal tracks one at a time, so you can do different parts and stuff. I'm just getting started figuring out the software and what it can do.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home