Sunday, October 08, 2006

A Bit of Poetry

The Exodus--(written during worship at Zolder 50 in Amsterdam)

I have been a slave.
To performance
To others
To food
To that never ending need for approval.
I have been a slave
But I am not a slave now.
Now, I look out at the desert
The forty years of wandering to cross
and slavery beckons
"Come, rest.
Come back, leave the desert
Your masters are waiting
Come, rest."
My mouth waters
My head turns back to what was
To the call to rest.
But that rest is death.

In my exodus, God
You are the sea that let me pass
You are the finish line out of slavery
and the beginning of the journey
Cloud and fire
Water upon water
Point of no return.
You are the point of no return
and you are the promised land.
You are present in my exodus.

You are the God who brought me
over and over
out of my egypt
from my masters
I will open my mouth wide
and wait for you to fill it.

You are the sea that let me pass
You are the point of no return
You are the end in sight
You are the beginning of the journey
You are master of my exodus.

I was a slave
But I am not a slave

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Kelly. He whom the Son sets free is free indeed. Love you, Mama

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for that poem, Kelly! Loved reading it. Well done!

Miss you and hope you're having a good time.

Troy

7:23 AM  
Blogger Heather Cady said...

WOW! Hope you are having fun. Love ya.

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful inspiration. Love ya, Aunt Carolyn

11:12 AM  
Blogger Victoria said...

awesome awesome poem

2:46 PM  
Blogger Trivia Riddle said...

if only i could be so cool as to write poetry in MY blog. i may try. You have inspired me. thought, expect nothing great!

4:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home