Wednesday, December 21, 2005

El Fontanero

I'm learning all sorts of new words today.

Tuberia=pipes
Fontanero=plumber
And many expletives that i'm not going to repeat or translate.

There's a plumber in my bathroom who thinks it's the funniest thing in the world that chicken and kitchen sound so similar in English. He is currently ripping my toilet from the floor so he can get a better look at the pipes to see how much damage he needs to do to my apartment to fix the blockage in the pipes. He's also smoking a cigarette and dropping the ashes in my toilet. That's the least of the things I'll have to clean up tonight.

All this is to say I've learned a deep, important cultural lesson today.

From behind, plumbers look the same all over the world.

It's a small world after all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ana Michelsen said...

hehe... do you know that Chemical Engineers are also called Plumbers? We are always working with pipes!
I guess it is an important lesson youve learnt! see u 2nite!
xx

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know it's probably not fair, but just that little tidbit was my biggest laugh of the night!

1:27 AM  
Blogger kelly_w said...

Believe me, I laughed too. Silently, so as not to offend the fontanero.

I miss you, Bob! Come to Spain!

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home