Saturday, October 08, 2005

warning: this blog is completely useless

I am a posting machine. I am a blogging wonder. 2 posts in 2 days.

I decided not to write about my back. Not that it didn't happen--it's just not very interesting. It hurt and I couldn't move, and now it still hurts a little bit but I can move. Oh, and when I nod my head, I can feel a muscle pulling in my....um..."extreme lower back." Funny, but not enough for an entire blog.

Instead, I'm going to copy my roommate Victoria, who wrote 20 random facts about herself that no one really knew. Sure, it's a little egocentric, but hey--you wouldn't be here unless you wanted to read something. Here goes:

1) Every time I'm in the ocean, I'm constantly scanning the surface for fins, even when I look like I'm relaxed.

2) One of my favorite smells in the world is dead leaves in Autumn (unless they're wet)

3) My least favorite smell is purple. It is the nastiest smell ever.

4) I found out a few months ago that I have spelled the word wierd wrong for my entire life. I just did it again. I have decided that is how I spell wierd and I refuse to change it.

5) Once, I forgot I was in public and burped out loud on the escalator in the Metro in Madrid.

6) I think licorice is the nastiest creation ever. Oddly enough, it doesn't smell purple.

7) My pinkie toes kind of stick up--so when I walk on the beach, my footprints only have 4 toes.

8) I laugh at my own jokes even when no one is around.

9) When I was 16, I hit the fencepost at my house and didn't tell anyone because I had just rearended a truck a week earlier, and I was afraid they would think I was a bad driver. Looking back, I think I might actually have been a bad driver. The fencepost was at a 45 degree angle to the ground.

10) Today I tried on some of those wierd mid-calf skort pants things, and I liked them.

11) I have a long list of people I can't sit next to in church because they make me laugh. For the past few weeks, a new person has been added each week. Maybe I'm the problem.

12) I would rather read than watch TV. But somehow, I end up watching TV anyway.

13) When I was a kid and I would play computer games, I would imagine myself in a huge international tournament, with announcers on TV commenting on how awesome my strategy is. I sometimes still do that when I play Text Twist. But only when I'm really sleepy.

14) I played basketball in 6th and 7th grade. I got a total of about 10 minutes of playing time in 2 years.

15) Of all the things from college that I miss, I miss ultimate frisbee the most.

16) My mom and I compete to see who knows the most words. If we're only counting English, I think she wins, but I would never admit it except on a blog.

17) I enjoy stream of consciousness writing just for the heck of it. I also enjoy stream of consciousness thinking and talking, which might or might not drive others crazy. If you've made it this far in the blog, you are not one of those people.

18) I can type somewhere between 60 and 75 words a minute if I'm not capitalizing or punctuating, which makes it an absolutely useless skill.

19) Once, in 7th grade, I passed out from sucking the helium out of too many baloons at a football game.

20) Once I cried while watching Michelle Kwan skate, because it was just so beautiful. And then I got really embarrassed and was glad no one was around.

Don't worry, you'll probably hear all these stories again--I tend to be a "story repeater." Just tell me you've heard it so I don't have to say it again, and we'll move on.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Victorino is one weird kid.

7:55 PM  
Blogger kelly_w said...

yeah, she is. but the 20 facts are about me. the idea was all that i copied from her. just to clear that up.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Victoria said...

woah woah woah... egocentric? weird? come on, there are other words to describe me guys. words like incredibly intelligent, drop dead gorgeous, forethinking in a backward thinking world.... didnt cry watching michelle kwan... words like that.

7:46 PM  
Blogger kelly_w said...

not you egocentric...ME egocentric. we all know how cool you are. GOSH!

i guess it's also egocentric to comment twice on your own blog.

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to state the obvious, but purple isn't a smell. Or was that a joke? It's so hard to tell.

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAH! I WIN!!!!!

12:21 AM  
Blogger Victoria said...

um. if youre such the blogging wonder you should probably blog something else. because i live for Jesus and your posts.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Trivia Riddle said...

I must say that you are a light in the darkness that is my sense of humor in a foreign country. PS I have an advanced English class tomorrow and we will be talking about your blog because you speak REAL English and not that textbook junk!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Victoria said...

yo, trivia riddle's right. your english inspires me.

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm going to comment on your 20 random facts. Here goes:
1)We saw a fin this year, didn't we?
2)Fallen leaves would sound more picturesque.
3)I know what you mean about purple as a smell. I call it "gas station bathroom". But, well, there are worse smells. I won't go there.
4)You are wierd.weird.
5)Is that all you've done out loud?
6)mmm.licorice.
7)I've seen you keep time to music with that toe. It has a mind of its own.
8)Poor thing.
9)That's why that fencepost looks the way it does. You thought we didn't know?
10)We called them gauchos. Yuk.
11)You think?
12)Chewing gum for the brain.
13)I didn't know this. Maybe we should have gotten help for you.
14)Go Kelly! They were some neat shoes, though, weren't they?
15)No comment. I know you loved it. Beats letting birds poop on you.
16)I have a plethora of words in my repertoire. Give up.
17)Some people don't have to drive far to get to crazy.
18)unless you're eecummings
19)You are so grounded.
20)That's ok. At least you stayed in the room. Instead of running out and poking your head back in the door to watch.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home