Thursday, January 26, 2006

The first of 2 unrelated posts

I just got back from a worship conference (actually a worship arts gathering, but I didn't want to have to explain) in Geneva, and it was really awesome. I participated in the music track, and I got to play guitar with a bunch of guys who are much better and more experienced than me and could teach me alot. Blue and I had a great time.

The only thing I hate about going to conferences and stuff is having to pack for them. I hate packing with a burning, fiery passion. No matter how long I have to prepare and how long of a trip I'm packing for, I always wait until the last possible minute--then I suddenly throw everything around my room in a panic, reach out and grab what's still in the air, and throw whatever I catch into the suitcase. Ok, not exactly, but to look at my room after I pack and what's usually in the luggage, you'd think so. Maybe I'll try it next time.

Anyway, this time was no different. I've known for a couple months that I was going to Geneva for this, but I still ended up packing the morning that I was to leave. I decided that this time I was going to be realistic and not overpack--only the amount of jeans and shirts that I would actually wear, and then a hat and mittens because it's cold. I was proud of myself that everythign fit easily in and my bags were under the easyjet weight limit, including my guitar.

It was only the next morning in Geneva, while picking out what to wear, that I noticed an important component missing. As in pants (trousers for you brits...I'm not that gross!)--not one single pair. I was there for 5 days, and only had the jeans that I wore.

No one noticed (or at least no one commented to me that they noticed), and I didn't tell anyone of my oversight, so this is my confession: I wore only one pair of jeans for the entire conference. If that offends you, I only have one phrase for you:

BON SOIR!

2 Comments:

Blogger Trivia Riddle said...

You are one of the few people I know (myself excluded) that can plan to only pack the shirts and jeans needed for a few days and forget half of what you intended to pack. Can I just say, that is an amazing achievement!

4:19 PM  
Blogger Heather Cady said...

Ahem, the correct spelling is
BONSOIR!

ONE WORD! :)

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home