Friday, November 12, 2004

Christmas Break to do list

Considering the content of the blog I just finished writing (all about realizing I'm getting adjusted), this one is going to sound totally contradictory. Sorry! Trust me, it's entirely possible to feel at home in one place and miss a thousand things from another all at the same time.

Anyone who has talked to me in the past month has heard (probably multiple times) that I'm very excited to go back to the states for Christmas. It's starting to look like I'll be busy while I'm there, though....here is a list of things that HAVE TO GET DONE while I'm in the states:

1)Hug my mom and probably make a fool of myself in the airport. Kiss, hug, cuddle, etc. the whole family until they make me stop.

2)Immediately grab the 32 oz. sweet tea out of my sister's hand and start guzzling--at 75 cents,
I can afford to guzzle!

3)Stand in Wal-Mart and hug the first (and 2nd and 3rd and 4th) person who says "Can I help you?" or "Have a nice day!"

4)Relish in the fact that as I stand there and make an idiot of myself, people will walk around me (not into me), guaranteeing us both our 3 feet of personal space.

5)Drive a car.

6)Go out and not come home smelling like an ashtray.

7)Breathe in deeply, and NOT smell body odor, smoke, or exhaust (I'll have to remember not to try this in Don's Super Saver--I'm pretty sure they don't meet the body odor requirement)

8)Make a phone call to someone who lives down the street--and not have to sell a kidney to pay for it

9)Go to a bank at 3 pm and thank them for being open after 2.

10)Eat dinner before 10pm.

11)Go entire days without seeing anyone making out in public.

12)Walk down a street and not see dog poo on a sidewalk.

13)Go to the post office, rather than the tobacco store, to be able to buy a stamp.

14)Have a milkshake which actually consists of more than milk that has been shaken up.

15)Go weeks without anyone asking me who I voted for or if I have contemplated suicide over the results of the election.

16)Look at a digital clock and see 8:30 instead of 20:30.

And last, but definitely not least, I will:

17) SPEAK ONLY ONE LANGUAGE!

Wow, I need to get off of the computer and start preparing. This is going to be a busy trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home